Home › Forums › General Discussions › Portal Issues and Improvements › Got any ideas on how improve the Tutorials Dojo portal? › Reply To: Got any ideas on how improve the Tutorials Dojo portal?
AdministratorApril 25, 2020 at 12:01 pm
Thanks for posting here. Below are my responses to the issues that you raised:
And another one asking for the Pause button in the timed test!
Yes, I read your reply that the Save&Next button acts like a Pause, but the time keeps running or? In other words I don’t understand (despite the clarifications in this thread and the instructions page before the test) how the Save&Next button can act like a Pause, as I also didn’t see an Exit button. This area does need some simplification I think!
>>I can guarantee you that the timer does STOP whenever you hop out of the exam so if there’s 30 minutes remaining if you exit a test in timed mode, you’ll definitely have 30 minutes when you resume the set. We do understand that having a Pause button is more straightforward and ideal and it’s something that we will definitely consider for future improvement.
– upon a multi-option answer required (e.g. choose 3), either give a clear warning that not 3 options were selected AND/OR do not proceed when someone clicks the Save&Next button and not the required amount of options was selected (this happened to me several times with Udemy, contrary to Whizlabs which gives a warning and doesn’t let you proceed, which is better I feel)
>>I understand that Whizlabs has absolutely fantastic test features but I hope you understand that Whizlabs was founded in 2002 and it took them more than a decade to be where they are right now with top-notch interface and testing features. We have just released the portal last month and it’s simply not possible to be as feature-rich as these other platforms right away. We could argue though that “young” as we may be, our content are always of top-notch quality, even exceeding those that have long existed in the market.
Nevertheless, we do appreciate the feedback. Our first few months are meant to be a feedback-gathering stage so we can add the more compelling improvements first, based on what’s more important for our users.
– the JSON in the security speciality sampler timed test was not indented, which makes it a pain in the <censored> to read!
>> To assist us in checking this, could you kindly send a screenshot to firstname.lastname@example.org?
– a feedback button per question (at least in review mode of after a timed test is finished and you review the result) would be beneficial I think
>>This is once again an advanced feature which hopefully we can incorporate in the future.
– consider to move the test progress and time from the top of the page to the (left)side, so that you always have this in view (similar to Whizlabs), reduces scrolling
>>Alright, this is noted. We’ll see if this is a low hanging fruit that can be improved quickly.
– option to reduce the font size, so that more of the question and answers fits on the screen? (less scrolling)
>>Unfortunately, we need to cater to those who are visually-impaired and we can’t go any smaller that how it currently is. Nevertheless, thanks for the suggestion! 🙂