MemberJune 9, 2020 at 9:30 pm
Seems the scenario is not yet updated in your question bank rite?
As I just came across it again.
In the answer there is also mention of a read replica
“start the replication from the Amazon RDS Read Replica.”
Where is the read replica involved?
I understood the setup is like:
– create the IPSec VPN between AWS and on-premise
– configure an on-premise MySQL instance
– create mysqldump on AWS RDS MySQL QDB Instance
– import mysqldump into on-premise MySQL instance (as ‘initial load’)
– start replication from AWS RDS MySQL DB Instance to on-premise MySQL instance via the IPSec VPN
Please confirm my understanding is correct.