Ends in
days
hrs
mins
secs
SHOP NOW

Get $4 OFF in AWS Solutions Architect & Data Engineer Associate Practice Exams for $10.99 each ONLY!

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Home Forums Azure AZ 104 – NSG Rules Question

• AZ 104 – NSG Rules Question

JaeJae updated 2 years, 7 months ago 2 Members · 5 Posts
  • JaeJae

September 8, 2021 at 3:05 pm

Hello

Was doing some practice questions and came across this one.

I selected “No” as my answer since the connection should not go through since the “newly added” inbound security rule to both “TDSG-TDSub1” and “TDSG-TD1” have a priority of “200” which will be overwritten by the initial NSG rule applied for “TDSG-TD1” – which has a priority rule of 100 (uses UDP).

However, my answer was wrong.

Am I missing something here? From what I know, once a rule denies a connection, it will not go through the list of rules anymore although theres a rule that allows a connection right below it.

Please help me!

Thanks in advance!

Jay

• Gerome-TutorialsDojo

September 10, 2021 at 11:14 pm

Hi JaeJae,

Thanks for bringing up the question.

Our team will review this question for possible revision. I appreciate your feedback on this item, it will definitely help us improve our content!

Let us know if you need further assistance. The Tutorials Dojo team is dedicated to helping you pass your AWS exam on your first try!

Regards,

Gerome @ Tutorials Dojo

• JaeJae

September 11, 2021 at 4:32 am

Thanks Gerome!! – Please let me know!

• Gerome-TutorialsDojo

September 13, 2021 at 9:14 pm

Hi JaeJae,

“From what I know, once a rule denies a connection, it will not go through the list of rules anymore”

If you’d look carefully in the screenshots you’ve provided, the action for the default inbound security rule is set to “Allow”. This means that the RDP connection will go through TDSG-TD1. Also by default, servers can listen on TCP/UDP port 3389. Your statement about priorities is valid if the action in the inbound security rule is set to “Deny”. Therefore, the correct answer for this question is Yes.

Let us know if you need further assistance. The Tutorials Dojo team is dedicated to helping you pass your AWS exam on your first try!

Regards,

Gerome @ Tutorials Dojo

• JaeJae

September 14, 2021 at 1:24 am

Hello Gerome!

Thank you very much!! Totally makes sense now. Clearly small details matter when dealing with rules, and I totally missed that. I appreciate you looking at it and letting me know!

Have a good one!

Jae

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now