Ends in
days
hrs
mins
secs
SHOP NOW

Practice Test + eBook Bundle Sale - Buy our Practice Test and get the supplementary eBook at 50% OFF

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Home Forums Azure AZ-104 Microsoft Azure Administrator Review Mode Set 1 – AZ-104, Question 50

• Review Mode Set 1 – AZ-104, Question 50

• Danci

January 25, 2024 at 9:50 pm

Hi dear TD team,

in the AZ-104 question 50 “Which of the following authentication methods can you use when transferring data using AzCopy to Blob storage and File storage?” the answer stated that when using az copy command to copy blobs you can authenticate either with Entra ID identity credentials or SAS token, but when copying file shares storage the only supported authorization method is SAS token.

However, when I open the Azure files documentation it is first stated that az copy with file shares can use both Entra Id and SAS token authentication: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/common/storage-use-azcopy-v10?toc=%2Fazure%2Fstorage%2Ffiles%2Ftoc.json

On the next section of the same documentation the previous statement is narrowed down and says that az copy commands which target files and directories can now provide authorization credentials by using Microsoft Entra ID, while you still have to use a SAS token in any command that targets only the file share or the account:
    https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/common/storage-use-azcopy-files?toc=%2Fazure%2Fstorage%2Ffiles%2Ftoc.json

When we summarize the above text I think we cannot claim that Files shares cannot use Entra ID for authentication since there are uses cases as mentioned above where this is possible.

Can you confirm me if I am correct or there is still something I am missing and you proposed answer is correct?

• MattTutorialsDojo

February 1, 2024 at 7:56 pm

Hi Danci,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your query regarding the authentication methods for using AzCopy with Azure Blob storage and File storage.

In light of your valuable feedback, we want to assure you that we will update the question. This revision will be carried out as soon as possible

Thank you.

Viewing 1 - 2 of 2 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now